Recipes Site Map
This Recipes Site Map lists, in alphabetical order, all the recipes according to categories. Check back here often, as new recipes are added regularly. You can also use the QUICK RECIPE SEARCH box in the upper right corner to find what you're looking for.
30 Minute Meals:
Bread and Roll Recipes:
German Cooking from other Gerhild's
Kids Can Cook:
Mutti's Recipes : My Mutt's own recipes
Potato Salad Recipes:
(a beginner chef's culinary experiences)
Salads & Dips:
- Asparagus Salad - delicious spring-time salad
- Bean Salad - delicious, healthy, and great for picnics
- Blue Cheese Dressing/Dip - great with chicken wings
- Confetti Salad - a type of potato salad
- Corn Salad - a colorful and quick German salad
- Cucumber Salad - all-time favorite salad
- Fennel Salad - anise flavoured
- Herring Salad - easy dinner salad of marinated herring
- Hummus - quick, easy, delicious, and healthy!
- Layered Taco Dip - oops, not German, but oh, so good!
- Lettuce Salad with Grapes - delicious change from traditional
- Lettuce Salad with Sour Cream Dressing - sweet-sour and creamy!
- Mayonnaise, homemade - for all your northern German salads
- Salad Dressings - like the ones in the restaurants
- Spinach Dip - put this in a hollowed-out pumpernickel bread
- Sauerkraut Salad - so traditional, so delicious, so healthy!
- Tomato Salad - a traditional German summer salad
- Tuna Salad - German-style with a twist!
- Wurstsalat & Fleischsalat - Germany's 2 meat salads
Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Asparagus Soup, Cream of - a spring-time treat!
- Barley Soup - "stick-to-your-ribs" comfort food!
- Barley Soup, Vegetarian - slow cooker easy
- Beef Barley Soup - comfort food!
- Beef Noodle Soup - yummy goodness!
- Broccoli Soup - so yummy!
- Broccoli Cheese Soup - so creamy!
- Carrot Soup - filling and nutritious, traditional German meal
- Cauliflower Soup - Hmmm ... this is good!
- Celery Soup, Cream of - nice light soup
- Cheese Soup - creamy smooth and delicious
- Chicken Noodle Soup - easy from scratch - YUMMY!
- Chicken Rice Soup - delicious homemade goodness
- Chicken Vegetable Soup - comfort food
- Clam Chowder - Muschelsuppe - Wunderbar!
- Corn Chowder - another of Oma's non-German favs
- Cucumber Soup - chilled ... quick and easy and wunderbar!
- Goulash Soup - so traditionally German
- Green Bean Soup - a one-pot meal, add German bread and salad
- Green Pepper Soup, Stuffed - an Oma's non-German fav
- Kale Soup with Sausage - so quick and healthy
- Leek Soup - an extra elegant soup
- Lentil Soup - uses a slow cooker
- Liver Dumpling Soup - aka Leberknödel Suppe
- Mushroom Soup, Cream of - canned soup and canned mushrooms
- Mushroom Soup, Cream of - from scratch ... yummy!
- Onion Soup - from the French Canadian - Germanized!
- Pork Noodle Soup - makes a huge potful!
- Potato and Cabbage Soup - hearty enough for the hungriest
- Potato Soup - quick creamy and chunky version
- Potato Soup, Chunky - serve with salad and German bread
- Potato Soup, Cream of - So delicious!
- Potato Soup, Mark's - adaptation on the original
- Potato Soup with Dumplings, Nana's - with gluten/dairy free info
- Red Lentil Soup - easily cooks up in 30 minutes
- Red Lentil Soup, Vegan - quick and easy
- Sauerkraut Soup - traditional one-pot meal
- Split Pea Soup - put together in the morning before leaving
- Sweet Potato and Kale Soup - vegan deliciousness
- Sweet Potato Soup - another non-German fav
- Turkey Rice Soup - easy turkey soup recipe from leftovers
- Turnip Soup - unusually good
- Vegetable Soup, Homemade - so easy
- Vegetable Soup with Sausage - create your own recipe!
Vegan Recipes (German and non-German favs)
- Asparagus - roasted, quick and easy
- Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce - traditional!
- Baked Asparagus - layers of asparagus, carrots, and cheese
- Baked Squash with Tomatoes - topped with blue cheese
- Baked Tomatoes - cherry tomatoes with olive oil and thyme
- Bechamel Potatoes - wonderful
- Braised Cabbage Recipe - Bavarian sweet cabbage
- Brussel Sprouts - finished off with butter and cream
- Brussels Sprouts, Roasted - so wunderbar!
- Butternut Squash - the kids just love this
- Cabbage Rolls - traditionally filled with just meat
- Cauliflower - topped with buttered bread crumbs
- Creamed Spinach - delicious and nutritious!
- Endive, Hodge-Podge - sent in by Nicole!
- Green Beans - in a creamy sauce
- Green Cabbage - this is about as traditional as one can get
- Fennel recipes - roasted, au gratin ...
- Kale - by itself or mashed with potatoes
- Kohlrabi with Ham - delicious way to use leftover ham or sausage
- Kraut Flecken - cabbage with noodles
- Mohrrübengemüse - carrots, braised and steamed
- Mushrooms - fried with a cream sauce
- Onion Tart (Zwiebelkuchen) - sent in by Joachim
- Red Cabbage - seasoned with cloves, sugar, and vinegar
- Red Cabbage with Apples - added apples give great flavor
- Sauerkraut - method for traditional sauerkraut
- Sauerkraut, from scratch - make your own
- Sweet Potatoes - roasted - so easy and so quick to make!
- Vegetable Frittata - a nice light supper!
- Vegetarian Tomato and Mushroom Gratin - a traditional Auflauf
REGIONAL GERMAN FOOD
New Year's Eve
ODDS & ENDS
TOP 10 German Food Recipes
Newletter - Monthly free e-zine delivered right to your email box
Quick German Recipes Blog
Check back often to this Recipes Site Map as new recipes are added regularly.
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you can't find what you're looking for on this Site Map, then go to Search German Recipes.
Take a look at Oma's eCookbooks ...
* * * * *
Want nutritional information for a recipe? Copy and paste the ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count. It will give you an approximate calculation.
Get your FREE poster ... Herbs & Spices in the German Kitchen
by Subscribing to my FREE Newsletter ...
Just like Oma ~ Kaffeeklatsch*
*Kaffeeklatsch: /ˈkafeːˌklatsh / (noun) an informal gathering for coffee and chatting
Experience Germany: food, people, country, & RECIPES!
Words to the Wise
"Better to be patient than powerful; better to have self-control than to conquer a city."
Proverbs 16:32 (NLT)