Recipes Site Map
This Recipes Site Map lists, in alphabetical order, all the recipes according to categories. Check back here often, as new recipes are added regularly. You can also use the QUICK RECIPE SEARCH box in the upper right corner to find what you're looking for.
30 Minute Meals:
Bread and Roll Recipes:
- Apple Cake - looks so pretty and tastes even better
- Apple Dump Cake - dump one after the other in the pan
- Apple Strudel - quick and easy and so traditional
- Apple Strudel, Austrian - sent in by one of our readers
- Apple Strudel, Bavarian - sent in by one of our readers
- Apple Strudel, Heidi's Bavarian - sent in by one of our fans
- Apricot Streusel Tart - delicious traditional fruit tart
- Berry Torte - uses fresh berries
- BEST Chocolate Recipe - Schokoladentorte
- Bienenstich - "Bee Sting" - chewy, nutty, creamy
- Bienenstich with yeast and filled a caramel custard cream
- Black Forest Cake - QUICK - really easy using cake mix and pie filling
- Black Forest Cake - the TRADITIONAL German cake!
- Blitz Torte - made quickly from ingredients you already have
- Butter Cake - easy "Butterkuchen" or "Zuckerkuchen"
- Butter Cake - EASIER - use your bread machine for this!
- Buttercream Torte - so amazingly good!
- Cheesecake - traditional with homemade quark
- Cheesecake - quick and delicious (no quark)
- Cherry Tart with Peaches - covered with delicious streusel
- Coconut Cakes - two easy versions
- Coffee Cake - with cinnamon, nuts, brown sugar, and raisins
- Cream Roll - "Jelly Roll" with whipped cream and fruit
- Crumb Cake - delicious with fruit under topping
- Fruit Flan - that traditional EASY dessert
- Fruit Tart - sent in by one of our readers
- German Chocolate Cake - chocolate, coconut, and pecans
- Hazelnut Torte - nut cake topped with marzipan and whipped cream
- Königskuchen - traditional holiday fruit cake
- Linzertorte - traditional raspberry jam tart
- Marble Pound Cake - a family favorite!
- Mascarpone Cappuccino Torte - a reader's recipe
- Peach Streusel Cake - another family fav!
- Pineapple Cake - moist deliciousness!
- Plum Cake - Oma's made with yogurt
- Plum Cake - with a double crust
- Plum Streuselkuchen - old-fashioned goodness from Grandma!
- Poppy Seed Cake - traditional recipe with yeast
- Poppy Seed Roll - use your Bread Machine for this
- Pound Cake - traditional German Sandkuchen
- Raffaelo Torte - a reader's recipe
- Raspberry Torte - so easy and quick to make
- Rhubarb Streusel Cake - easy and quick!
- Rhubarb Dump Cake - so non-German. so Good!
- Stollen - traditional German Quarkstollen
- Strawberry Cream Torte - easy , yet impressive!
German Cooking from other Gerhild's
Kids Can Cook:
Mutti's Recipes : My Mutt's own recipes
Noodle & Rice Recipes:
Potato Salad Recipes:
Rich's (aka Eran's) Meals:
(a beginner chef's culinary experiences)
Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- Egg Salad - eggs cooked super easy (no peel method)
- Rice - cooked to perfection
- Sauerbraten - ready in hours and not days.
Salads & Dips:
- Asparagus Salad - delicious spring-time salad
- Bean Salad - delicious, healthy, and great for picnics
- Blue Cheese Dressing/Dip - great with chicken wings
- Confetti Salad - a type of potato salad
- Corn Salad - a colorful and quick German salad
- Cucumber Salad - all-time favorite salad with sour cream
- Cucumber Salad - without sour cream
- Egg Salad - German-style
- Egg Salad - using Instant Pot pressure cooker cooked eggs
- Fennel Salad - anise flavored
- Herring Salad - easy dinner salad of marinated herring
- Hummus - quick, easy, delicious, and healthy!
- Layered Taco Dip - oops, not German, but oh, so good!
- Lettuce Salad with Grapes - delicious change from traditional
- Lettuce Salad with Sour Cream Dressing - sweet-sour and creamy!
- Mayonnaise, homemade - for all your northern German salads
- Salad Dressings - like the ones in the restaurants
- Spinach Dip - put this in a hollowed-out pumpernickel bread
- Sauerkraut Salad - so traditional, so delicious, so healthy!
- Tomato Salad - a traditional German summer salad
- Tuna Salad - German-style with a twist!
- Wurstsalat & Fleischsalat - Germany's 2 meat salads
Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Asparagus Soup, Cream of - a spring-time treat!
- Barley Soup - "stick-to-your-ribs" comfort food!
- Barley Soup, Vegetarian - slow cooker easy
- Beef Barley Soup - comfort food!
- Beef Noodle Soup - yummy goodness!
- Broccoli Soup - so yummy!
- Broccoli Cheese Soup - so creamy!
- Cabbage Soup - comfort food
- Cabbage Diet Soup - Oma's version
- Carrot Soup - filling and nutritious, traditional German meal
- Cauliflower Soup - Hmmm ... this is good!
- Celery Soup, Cream of - nice light soup
- Cheese Soup - creamy smooth and delicious
- Chicken Noodle Soup - easy from scratch - YUMMY!
- Chicken Rice Soup - delicious homemade goodness
- Chicken Vegetable Soup - comfort food
- Clam Chowder - Muschelsuppe - Wunderbar!
- Corn Chowder - another of Oma's non-German favs
- Cucumber Soup - chilled ... quick and easy and wunderbar!
- Goulash Soup - so traditionally German
- Green Bean Soup - a one-pot meal, add German bread and salad
- Green Pepper Soup, Stuffed - an Oma's non-German fav
- Kale Soup with Sausage - so quick and healthy
- Leek Soup - an extra elegant soup
- Lentil Soup - traditional recipe
- Lentil Soup - uses a slow cooker
- Liver Dumpling Soup - aka Leberknödel Suppe
- Mushroom Soup, Cream of - canned soup and canned mushrooms
- Mushroom Soup, Cream of - from scratch ... yummy!
- Onion Soup - from the French Canadian - Germanized!
- Pork Noodle Soup - makes a huge potful!
- Potato and Cabbage Soup - hearty enough for the hungriest
- Potato Soup - quick creamy and chunky version
- Potato Soup, Chunky - serve with salad and German bread
- Potato Soup, Cream of - So delicious!
- Potato Soup, Mark's - adaptation on the original
- Potato Soup with Dumplings, Nana's - with gluten/dairy free info
- Red Lentil Soup - easily cooks up in 30 minutes
- Red Lentil Soup, Vegan - quick and easy
- Sauerkraut Soup - traditional one-pot meal
- Split Pea Soup - put together in the morning before leaving
- Sweet Potato and Kale Soup - vegan deliciousness
- Sweet Potato Soup - another non-German fav
- Turkey Rice Soup - easy turkey soup recipe from leftovers
- Turnip Soup - unusually good
- Vegetable Soup, Homemade - so easy
- Vegetable Soup with Sausage - create your own recipe!
Vegan Recipes (German and non-German favs)
- Asparagus - roasted, quick and easy
- Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce - traditional!
- Asparagus Recipes - and info
- Baked Asparagus - layers of asparagus, carrots, and cheese
- Baked Squash with Tomatoes - topped with blue cheese
- Baked Tomatoes - cherry tomatoes with olive oil and thyme
- Bechamel Potatoes - wonderful
- Braised Cabbage Recipe - Bavarian sweet cabbage
- Brussel Sprouts - finished off with butter and cream
- Brussels Sprouts, Roasted - so wunderbar!
- Butternut Squash - the kids just love this
- Cabbage Rolls - traditionally filled with just meat
- Cauliflower - topped with buttered bread crumbs
- Creamed Spinach - delicious and nutritious!
- Endive, Hodge-Podge - sent in by Nicole!
- Green Beans - in a creamy sauce
- Green Cabbage - this is about as traditional as one can get
- Fennel recipes - roasted, au gratin ...
- Kale - by itself or mashed with potatoes
- Kohlrabi with Ham - delicious way to use leftover ham or sausage
- Kraut Flecken - cabbage with noodles
- Mohrrübengemüse - carrots, braised and steamed
- Mushrooms - fried with a cream sauce
- Onion Tart (Zwiebelkuchen) - sent in by Joachim
- Red Cabbage - seasoned with cloves, sugar, and vinegar
- Red Cabbage with Apples - added apples give great flavor
- Sauerkraut - method for traditional sauerkraut
- Sauerkraut, from scratch - make your own
- Sweet Potatoes - roasted - so easy and so quick to make!
- Vegetable Frittata - a nice light supper!
- Vegetarian Tomato and Mushroom Gratin - a traditional Auflauf
REGIONAL GERMAN FOOD
New Year's Eve
ODDS & ENDS
Newletter - Monthly free e-zine delivered right to your email box
Quick German Recipes Blog
SBI! Review - Curious about the platform I use?
Check back often to this Recipes Site Map as new recipes are added regularly.
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you can't find what you're looking for on this Site Map, then go to Search German Recipes.
* * * * *
Want nutritional information for a recipe?
Copy and paste the ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count.
It will give you an approximate calculation.
* * * * *
Need help doing conversions between cups and grams or any such thing?
Use this site to give you all the different conversions for the different types of ingredients.
* * * * *
Words to the Wise
"Better to be patient than powerful; better to have self-control than to conquer a city."
Proverbs 16:32 (NLT)