Oma's Pineapple Cake Recipe
➤ by Oma Gerhild Fulson
FTC Disclosure: Making a purchase via a link on the page? I may earn a small commission on the transaction - at no added cost to you. Thanks!
My pineapple cake recipe is one of those easy German recipes that is so quick to make. Basically it all goes into one bowl, stir, bake, and enjoy. With a sprinkle of coconut after it's baked, it's a southern twist that finishes it deliciously. Your Oma would be proud of you!
Not only is this one fast and easy to make, but it's absolutely wunderbar! Serve it sprinkled with coconut and whipped cream on the side. This is Ananaskuchen at its best!
Oma's German Pineapple Cake
- 19-oz. can pineapple tidbits, drain and keep juice
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp milk
- 3 Tbsp pineapple juice (from can)
- 1 Tbsp rum
- 2 Tbsp coconut (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease or spray with non-stick cooking spray a 10-inch springform pan.
- Drain pineapple, keeping liquid.
- Mix together flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the egg, butter, brown sugar, milk, 3 Tbsp pineapple juice, and rum.
- Stir in pineapple tidbits.
- Stir in flour mixture until well mixed.
- Pour into prepared springform pan.
- Bake, about 30 - 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool and sprinkle with coconut if desired.
- Makes about 8 servings.
German desserts don't need to always be filled with cream. This easy fruity cake is an example of one that's a bit on the lighter side. However, a dollop of whipped cream would be wonderful served on the side.
Or, how about some pineapple ice cream? Now, that would be heavenly!
If you're looking for pineapple desserts, try this one.
If you wish, you can make this in a 9" x 9" pan. Cut into squares and serve this sprinkled with coconut shreds.
A southern twist to a German classic.
Some more German Desserts
* * * * *
Want nutritional information for a recipe?
Copy and paste the ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count.
It will give you an approximate calculation.
* * * * *
Need help doing conversions between cups and grams or any such thing?
Use this site to give you all the different conversions for the different types of ingredients.
* * * * *
Words to the Wise
"Don't visit your neighbors too often, or you will wear out your welcome."
Proverbs 25:17 (NLT)