Oma's Easy Cheesecake Recipe ❤️
➤ by Oma Gerhild Fulson
This easy cheesecake recipe, aka einfacher Käsekuchen, will certainly WOW your family! They'll love the moist and delicious flavor of this German cheesecake. Most recipes for cheesecakes in a German cookbook use QUARK as the main ingredient.
Quark, unfortunately, is often not available outside of Germany. It's a type of cultured cheese, similar to cottage cheese, but different. (Check below for how to make quark at home.)
This recipe uses ricotta, your mixer, and blender and you'll find this a great way how to make a cheesecake ... the easy way!
Easier Bottom Crust?
There are three options for the crust:
- Use the recipe below.
- Mix together 1¼ cups graham wafer crumbs and ⅛ cup melted butter. Press into bottom and a bit up the sides of the pan.
- Crush about 7 oz butter cookies (Mr. Christie's Social Tea Biscuits) and mix in ⅓ cup melted butter. Press into bottom and a bit up the sides of the pan.
For the photo above, I used the graham wafers. :)
Looking for a traditional German Cheesecake?
Well, the traditional one has quark in it. Outside of Germany it is difficult to buy quark. However, it is easy to make at home. Then, you can make your cheesecake the way you're used to. Click here to learn how to make quark!
As well, making quark is actually quite inexpensive, and it's great to have for so many recipes.
Grab a copy of my own German Cake e-Cookbook in English to help you relive wonderful memories of Oma's kitchen.
Sharing traditional German cakes, made using easily available ingredients, ... that's such a delicious way to pass on our heritage.
However, if you're wanting to make this cheesecake with ricotta, you'll enjoy totally enjoy it as well. You can top it with fresh strawberries or a fruit sauce. It's absolutely wunderbar!
Ready to make this easy cheesecake?
Oma's Easy Cheesecake Recipe
This easy cheesecake recipe, aka einfacher Käsekuchen, will certainly WOW your family! They'll love the moist and delicious flavor of this German cheesecake.
Instead of the traditional quark, this recipe uses ricotta, your mixer, and blender and you'll find this a great way how to make a cheesecake ... the easy way!
85 minutes + chill time
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 lb ricotta
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- Using mixer, beat together all pastry ingredients.
- Form dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in fridge to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 10-inch springform pan.
- Roll out chilled dough (on a lightly floured surface) and place in bottom and up sides of pan.
- Prick dough in several places with a fork.
- Place all the filling ingredients in either a blender or food processor (fitted with a metal chopping blade) and pulse about 10 times. Scrap down sides. Process a further 30 seconds until creamy.
- Pour into pastry shell. Smooth top.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden toothpick, inserted about 2 inches from edge, comes out clean.
- To minimize the top of the cake from 'cracking', let the cake cool in the oven with the door slightly opened.
- When cooled, remove side of springform pan. For best flavor, place cake in fridge for several hours before serving.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com
Want Nutritional Information?
Copy and paste the above ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count for an approximate calculation.
Need Help Doing Conversions?
Make it easier to convert between cups and grams, etc. Use this site to give you all the different conversions for the different types of ingredients.
Leave a comment about this recipe or ask a question?
Pop right over to my private Facebook group, the Kaffeeklatschers. You'll find thousands of German foodies, all eager to help and to talk about all things German, especially these yummy foods.
I pop in all the time as well, to chat and to answer questions.
Meet with us around Oma's table, pull up a chair, grab a coffee and a piece of Apfelstrudel, and enjoy the visit.
Have Oma by your side ... helping you
* * * * *
PIN this ...
If you love hummus, then you’ll love this creamy hummus salad dressing recipe! It’s just like the real deal, but in liquid form so you can drizzle it all over your favorite greens ...
Go to the recipe
This recipe for creamy vegan mushroom soup is inspired in part by Oma's German recipe for cream of mushroom soup. It brings me back to my childhood eating this classic comfort food.
Go to the recipe
❤️ Easy Cheesecake Recipe made Just like Oma
By Oma Gerhild Fulson
Here's an easy cheesecake recipe that makes great use of your mixer and blender. Normally using quark, this cake uses ricotta! Check out 100's of other quick German recipes here.
For the full recipe, scroll up ...
Words to the Wise
"People who despise advice are seeking for trouble; those who respect a command will succeed."