❤️ Oma's Strawberry Cream Torte
➤ by Oma Gerhild Fulson
FTC Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This impressive looking Strawberry Cream Torte came about one day as I played with two recipes to turn them into one. The result? The above awesomeness! I think you'll agree that it looks amazing, but let me tell you the taste.
Light. Refreshing. Super rich. Super deliciousness.
The recipe may look intimidating, but take it step-by-step and you'll soon realize this is really easy to make.
There is a kitchen tool that make this torte (and others) so much easier. You'll need to use a 'cake ring' in order to build up the 'walls' of this torte. If you don't have one, use the ring from your springform pan, although it won't be quite as high.
When making cream-type tortes or fruit tortes with a gel-type topping, using this 'cake ring' has been a blessing.
Just open it and place it around the bottom cake layer.
Pull it closed using its handles until the ring sits closely around the cake.
Now you can place your fruit on the cake bottom or around the edge. Carefully pour over the filling, your cream or gelatin.
Click the photo for more info ...
Place in the fridge to set. To serve, just remove the ring. You may want to run a wet knife around the edge first.
Since it's fully adjustable, it works for all my cakes, whether small ones, just for hubby and I, or larger company-sized ones. I've had mine for years since it's made from stainless steel.
Looks difficult ... really isn't ...
This is one of those recipes that looks long and complicated. However, if you've made it once, you'll realize that it's really quite easy and rather quick to make. You just need to be organized and give yourself enough time to allow for the final chilling.
This is one of those German cake recipes you'll keep for when company's coming. It looks so impressive and always brings 'oohs' and 'aahs' when you bring it to the table. Serve with some fresh berries and extra whipped cream on the side if you wish.
This recipe is a mix of two yummy cakes. Check out Lori's Erdbeer Joghurt Sahne Torte and my Käse-Sahne Torte. You'll see how I combined both of these into this Strawberry Torte recipe.
Oma's Strawberry Cream Torte ❤️
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 cups cake flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp apricot (or strawberry) jam, heated
- 1½ pounds fresh strawberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp sweet red wine (optional)
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt
- 4 tbsp cold water
- 3 packages Knox gelatin
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 10-inch springform pan.
- Beat eggs, sugar, and hot water together for about 10 - 15 minutes until frothy.
- Combine the flour and baking powder.
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Gently pour dough into springform pan.
- Bake for about 20 - 30 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
Filling & Assembly Instructions:
- Place the cake onto the serving platter. Brush with the heated apricot jam. Grease the cake ring with butter and place the ring around the cake.
- Slice enough strawberries and place around the edge of the cake ring (see photo). Set aside a nice strawberry for garnishing.
- Puree the remaining strawberries together with the sugar and wine (if using). You should have about 2 cups of pureed strawberries. Stir in the Greek yogurt.
- Place 4 tbsp cold water into a small saucepan. Mix in gelatin powder and let sit about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly heat gelatin until liquid, stirring to dissolve. Once the powder has been totally dissolved, whisk in about ½ cup of the strawberry/yogurt mixture.
- Using a whisk or mixer, immediately pour this gelatin mixture into the remaining strawberry/yogurt mixture, until fully incorporated.
- Fold whipped cream into yogurt/gelatin mixture.
- Spoon this filling onto cake and smooth the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
- Remove the ring and smooth the cream sides if needed.
- Slice the reserved strawberry in thin slices almost to its top (with the leaves). Fan out the slices and place on top of your cake.
- Makes 12 servings.
- The cake keeps several days in the fridge.
Want nutritional information? Copy and paste the above ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count for an approximate calculation.
Need help doing conversions between cups and grams, etc.? Use this site to give you all the different conversions for the different types of ingredients.
Leave a comment about this recipe or ask a question?
Pop right over to my private Facebook group, the Kaffeeklatschers. You'll find thousands of German foodies, all eager to help and to talk about all things German, especially these yummy foods.
I pop in all the time as well, to chat and to answer questions.
Meet with us around Oma's table, pull up a chair, grab a coffee and a piece of Apfelstrudel, and enjoy the visit.
Have Oma by your side ... helping you
* * * * *
Want nutritional information for a recipe?
Copy and paste the ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count.
It will give you an approximate calculation.
Need help doing conversions
between cups and grams or any such thing?
Use this site to give you all the different conversions for the different types of ingredients.
PIN the following post so you can quickly find your Strawberry Cream Torte recipe when you're pulling out your springform pan
This Rouladen recipe is what I make when I'm in a hurry by using my pressure cooker (Instant Pot). The meat is so tender!!!
Go to the recipe
My mother always made the Thuringer dumplings with raw potatoes. But it was soo much work and as well they are very heavy in your stomach. I started making
Go to the recipe
Words to the Wise
"If you repay good with evil, evil will never leave your house."
Proverbs 17:13 (NLT)
Top of Strawberry Cream Torte
Quick German Recipes
› Strawberry Cream Torte
❤️ Oma's Strawberry Cream Torte | Just like Oma
By Oma Gerhild Fulson
Needing an easy, yet fabulous dessert? This Strawberry Cream Torte is THAT dessert that is one of the easiest torte recipes to make. And ... it tastes so light and fresh and WUNDERBAR!
For the full recipe, scroll up ...