How to Make Egg Salad ❤️
➤ by Oma Gerhild Fulson
Learn how to make egg salad, quick and easily with this best egg salad recipe. It's perfect when served on a nice whole grain bread, as shown above, or some freshly baked German Brötchen.
Great for sandwiches, buffets, appetizers, or as a late-night snack. And this recipe has a 'secret' ingredient. Mushrooms! That's right, mushrooms!
This recipe for egg salad can easily be altered to match your tastes. Check below for more options and tips.
Tips on Making Egg Salad
- Remember to keep this "Eiersalat", as well as any other foods containing mayonnaise, cold.
- An easy way to keep it cold is to put it in a small bowl that is sitting inside a larger bowl filled with ice. Looks pretty that way as well.
- Don't like mushrooms? Omit them.
- Want more spice? Add some.
- Don't like mustard? Omit it.
- Love pickles? Add them.
- There are so many different variations on the same recipe. Try it with chopped gherkins, celery, or olives.
- Chopped nuts make for a really different treat. Minced ham, chicken, or beef are good additions as well. REALLY! Sounds strange, but it's wunderbar!
- I'll sometimes add some extra cooked egg whites and remove a couple of egg yolks. It hardly makes any difference to the final salad.
- Make this extra special by using your own homemade mayonnaise. It's so easy to do. Check it out here.
Check out how to Hard Boil Eggs to learn how to do this easily. It's the way I learned how when my first-born was a toddler.
It came from a baby book, not sure of the title anymore. It suggested that this way the egg didn't turn out "tough."
Not sure what that meant at the time, but I liked making them this easy way. It became my standard way of making them for any recipes using eggs that needed to be hard-boiled for many years.
Eggs are such a
great way to add protein to your diet. They contain not only
high-quality protein, but do so for few calories. Truly a diet food!
How to Make Egg Salad ... German-style ❤️
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 small can mushrooms, drained and chopped
- about ½ cup mayonnaise (purchased or homemade)
- 2 tsp mustard
- chives to garnish
- Peel and chop hard-boiled eggs
- Mix eggs together with mushrooms, mayonnaise, and mustard.
- Garnish with chopped chives.
- Serve with toast or buns.
Want nutritional information? Copy and paste the above ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count for an approximate calculation.
Need help doing conversions between cups and grams, etc.? Use this site to give you all the different conversions for the different types of ingredients.
Leave a comment about this recipe or ask a question?
Pop right over to my private Facebook group, the Kaffeeklatschers. You'll find thousands of German foodies, all eager to help and to talk about all things German, especially these yummy foods.
I pop in all the time as well, to chat and to answer questions.
Meet with us around Oma's table, pull up a chair, grab a coffee and a piece of Apfelstrudel, and enjoy the visit.
Have Oma by your side ... helping you
* * * * *
Want nutritional information for a recipe?
Copy and paste the ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count.
It will give you an approximate calculation.
Need help doing conversions
between cups and grams or any such thing?
Use this site to give you all the different conversions for the different types of ingredients.
PIN this ...
This German sourdough whole grain no knead bread recipe is so delicious and so healthy. Learn this basic method and then alter it to suit your needs. Healthy never tasted this good!
Go to the recipe
Want a Rhubarb Cake recipe that tastes just like Oma's? Not too sweet, but wunderbar? Try my Rhubarb Streusel Cake that's super quick and easy to make.
Go to the recipe
Make every day a day of JOY!
1 Thessalonians 5:16 (KJV)