Smellysdeli bread (Artisan Style no Kneading)
by Brian Smeltzer (smellysdeli.com)
- 5.5 cups flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1/4 cup garlic powder,
- handful of u/s sunflower seeds,
- handful of caraway seeds,
- 1 cup dry cranberries (opt)
- 16g dry active yeast
- 3 cups Luke warm water
- 1 Tbl. salt
- 2 cups white x-old white shredded Cheddar cheese
- Combine flours garlic powder seeds cranberries in mixing bowl at low speed till well mixed
- Place yeast salt and water in separate bowl wait a few minutes
- Add to flour mixture
- Add 1 cup of cheese to mix and blend
- Rise in warm spot for two hours.
- Separate into two round loaves let rise for 30 mins.
- Sprinkle more cheese on top chili flakes optional. (Gives a nice kick for us)
- Bake at 450' 30 mins along with a small pan of water on the bottom of the stove.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Best Recipe.
* * * * *
Want nutritional information for a recipe? Copy and paste the ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count. It will give you an approximate calculation.
Words to the Wise
"When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild. But whoever obeys the law is joyful."
Proverbs 29:18 (NLT)