Lemon Cookies ~ Zitronenkeks
by Gerhild Rudolf
This delicious recipe was submitted as shown here by Gerhild Rudolf.
Below, in the comments, you'll find the conversion for those of us in America.Ingredients
:250 g plain wheat flour
½ teaspoonful baking powder (sodium hydrogen carbonate; e.g. Backin by Dr. Oetker)
100 g sugar
1 sachet vanilla sugar
2 sachets grated lemon rind (or homemade)
150 g butter (at room temperature. Do not melt.)
For the icing:
200 g icing sugar
3 spoonful lemon juice
How to proceed:
- Mix ingredients to a dough, roll it, cut out cookies (hearts, stars, fir-trees, bells – I prefer hearts), place the cookies on the baking plate lined with baking paper.
- Bake at good heat (200 degrees Celsius), don’t burn the cookies.
- Move the cookies together with the paper on a grid or the kitchen table, let them cool.
- Make the icing in a cereal-bowl: just add lemon juice to the icing sugar, little by little, till you obtain a thick smooth paste. Ice the cookies by using a brush or knife. Let them dry. Store them in a cookie tin.
- Enjoy them – not only at Christmas time.
(The recipe is from a calendar, no author mentioned.)
NOTE: 200 degrees Celsius is 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
* * * * *
Want nutritional information for a recipe? Copy and paste the ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count. It will give you an approximate calculation.
Words to the Wise
"When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild. But whoever obeys the law is joyful."
Proverbs 29:18 (NLT)