by Lori Neff
- 1 baked 3-egg biskuit*
- 1-1/2 lb strawberries
- 1 32 oz container Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar (a bit more if you like it sweeter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 envelopes gelatine
- 1 pint whipping cream (heavy cream)
- Slice enough strawberries to fit around the biskuit and for decoration. Puree the rest with the sugar and vanilla, set aside.
- Fit a ring around the biskuit, and lightly oil (to prevent sticking later). Place strawberry slices around the inside of the ring.
- Soak gelatine in about 1/8 cup of water, put on low heat until melted. Mix yogurt with the pureed strawberries, and mix 2 spoons full with the melted gelatine, then mix the gelatine mixture with the yogurt cream.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff (don't overbeat) and carefully combine with the yogurt-strawberry mixture.
- Slowly pour everything into the form on top of the biskuit and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Decorate with either sliced or whole strawberries - mint leaves give it a nice green touch.
* For the biskuit (sponge layer), here's Lori's 'go-to' recipe ... Ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp warm water
- 100 g sugar
- 38 g flour
- 38 g corn starch
- lemon rind
- Beat egg yolks with 2/3 of the sugar until foamy, add lemon rind.
- Beat egg whites with the rest of the sugar until stiff peaks form and pour over beaten egg yolks.
- Add the sieved flour and corn starch, and carefully lift and fold under until everything has been incorporated.
- Put batter into a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 400F for 30 minutes (until an inserted wooden skewer comes out clean)
For quick conversions, I use http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/cooking/ ...
~ Oma Gerhild :)
Take a look at Oma's eCookbooks ...
* * * * *
Want nutritional information for a recipe? Copy and paste the ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count. It will give you an approximate calculation.
Get your FREE poster ... Herbs & Spices in the German Kitchen
by Subscribing to my FREE Newsletter ...
Just like Oma ~ Kaffeeklatsch*
*Kaffeeklatsch: /ˈkafeːˌklatsh / (noun) an informal gathering for coffee and chatting
Experience Germany: food, people, country, & RECIPES!
Words to the Wise
"When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild. But whoever obeys the law is joyful."
Proverbs 29:18 (NLT)