Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe
My easy sugar cookie recipe can easily be adapted to meet all your needs. That's exactly what my Facebook Fan, Melissa McInnes, did. Her Christmas cookies, shown here, were made with my recipe. Delicious and easy! That's why these are included on my Quick German Recipes site!
It's an easy dessert recipe I loved using when our boys were young. They enjoyed using the cookie cutters, and anything else that would work, to create something special. Then would come the decorating. Icing and sprinkles and chocolate chips and raisins and nuts and M & M's and lots of LOVE ... that's what makes these German cookies so special.
Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe (Zuckerplätzchen)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup shortening
- 6 tbsp butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Stir flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and shortening and then add sugar and beat till fluffy.
- Add egg, milk, and almond extract, and beat well. Add flour mixture and beat till well mixed. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill at least 3 hours or till easy to handle.
- Roll dough ⅛ inch thick. Cut with cookie cutters. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 7 - 8 minutes or till done. Remove and cool.
- Decorate as desired.
- Makes about 3 - 4 dozen, depending on size.
- Melt some chocolate chips and drizzle over cookies. Or, dip half of cookie into melted chocolate.
- Simple dust with powdered (icing) sugar
- Make an icing by mixing together 1½ cups powdered (icing) sugar with 1 - 2 tbsp milk. Add food coloring and stir till well mixed. Brush on cookies.
- Put either melted chocolate or icing into a small baggie. Snip off the corner and pipe decoration on cookies.
- Sandwich two cookies together with marmalade.
Learn how to make sugar cookies and wow your family!
These are perfect for holidays, since you can use cutters that match the occasion. Certainly fun to make with the kids, letting them choose the shapes and decorations.
Some Christmas Cookies ...
More German Recipes ...
Take a look at Oma's eCookbooks ...
* * * * *
Want nutritional information for a recipe? Copy and paste the ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count. It will give you an approximate calculation.
Get your FREE poster ... Herbs & Spices in the German Kitchen
by Subscribing to my FREE Newsletter ...
Just like Oma ~ Kaffeeklatsch*
*Kaffeeklatsch: /ˈkafeːˌklatsh / (noun) an informal gathering for coffee and chatting
Experience Germany: food, people, country, & RECIPES!
Top of Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe
Easy Sugar Cookies
Make every day a day of TRIUMPH!
". . . but even greater is God's wonderful grace and His gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ." Romans 5:17 (NLT)