Smellysdeli bread (Artisan Style no Kneading)
by Brian Smeltzer (smellysdeli.com)
- 5.5 cups flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1/4 cup garlic powder,
- handful of u/s sunflower seeds,
- handful of caraway seeds,
- 1 cup dry cranberries (opt)
- 16g dry active yeast
- 3 cups Luke warm water
- 1 Tbl. salt
- 2 cups white x-old white shredded Cheddar cheese
- Combine flours garlic powder seeds cranberries in mixing bowl at low speed till well mixed
- Place yeast salt and water in separate bowl wait a few minutes
- Add to flour mixture
- Add 1 cup of cheese to mix and blend
- Rise in warm spot for two hours.
- Separate into two round loaves let rise for 30 mins.
- Sprinkle more cheese on top chili flakes optional. (Gives a nice kick for us)
- Bake at 450' 30 mins along with a small pan of water on the bottom of the stove.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Best Recipe.
Leave a comment about this recipe or ask a question?
Pop right over to my private Facebook group, the Kaffeeklatschers. You'll find thousands of German foodies, all eager to help and to talk about all things German, especially these yummy foods.
I pop in all the time as well, to chat and to answer questions.
Meet with us around Oma's table, pull up a chair, grab a coffee and a piece of Apfelstrudel, and enjoy the visit.
Have Oma by your side ... helping you
* * * * *
Want nutritional information for a recipe?
Copy and paste the ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count.
It will give you an approximate calculation.
Need help doing conversions
between cups and grams or any such thing?
Use this site to give you all the different conversions for the different types of ingredients.
My easy vegan recipes are just a tad different. German vegan recipes tasting like traditional ones, including pantry items and equipment needed for my vegan challenge!
Go to the recipe
Learn how to make potato salad that tastes so much like that German potato salad made my your Oma. It's great for picnics, suppers, and potlucks too. Wunderbar!
Go to the recipe
Words to the Wise
"When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild. But whoever obeys the law is joyful."
Proverbs 29:18 (NLT)