Stuffed Lamb (my recipe) (Cordero mechado)
by Rosario Candia
(Santa Cruz - Bolivia )
• 1 boneless leg of lamb
• 1 green pepper
• 1 red pepper
• 4 carrots
• 3 onions
• 3 slices of bacon cut into strips
• 1/2 liter of water
• Salt to taste
• Grind garlic, mustard, cumin, lemon or vinegar
- Choose a leg of lamb that will be cut with the knife to fill with chopped vegetables and bacon, which will also be seasoned.
- Season to taste. FRY in skillet to seal and then put it in a pot of water pressure until the lamb is cooked.
- Place the leg to the oven and Brown, bathing with juice so it doesn't dry out. Before removing cut into pieces and let a few more moments
- Serve with vegetables accompanied with brown potatoes in the oven and green salad.
This is a typical recipe of Bolivia.
* * * * *
Want nutritional information for a recipe? Copy and paste the ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count. It will give you an approximate calculation.
Words to the Wise
"When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild. But whoever obeys the law is joyful."
Proverbs 29:18 (NLT)