by Ruth Lemoine
- 1 Duck
- 10 Broetchen or 1 bread loaf
- 2 cups of warm milk (not hot)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 1 Cup Parsley
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Butter
- Cut the bread into thin slices, sprinkle with 1 tsp salt.
Pour warm milk over and leave for 15 minutes.
- Cut the onion into small cubes and fry with the parsley in the melted butter.
- Add onions, parsley, pepper and eggs and knead with the soaked bread.
- Wash the duck with lukewarm water and dry inside and out well. Season well with salt and pepper inside and fill the dumpling dough loosely in the duck, do not make too full, the mass goes on.
- Pin up the open ends of duck with toothpicks and kitchen string. Leave the string long enough and tie the legs. Pin up the neck and tie the wings to the body. Rub the outside with salt and pepper.
- Place the duck breast side down on the rack, insert the drip pan underneath a rail. In the drip pan pour 2 cups of salt water.
- Set the oven to 285°F and roast the duck 2 hours. Flip it over and fry for another 1.5 hours. Increase the temperature to 380 and roast ready for 15-20 min or until brown.
- The duck must not be poured, it will be wonderfully juicy because of the salt water.
- The Rest of the bread dough is for Semmelknoedel dumplings. If the mass is too moist, yet incorporate breadcrumbs and let the dumplings draw for 20 minutes in salt water.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Best Recipe.
Leave a comment about this recipe or ask a question?
Pop right over to my private Facebook group, the Kaffeeklatschers. You'll find thousands of German foodies, all eager to help and to talk about all things German, especially these yummy foods.
I pop in all the time as well, to chat and to answer questions.
Meet with us around Oma's table, pull up a chair, grab a coffee and a piece of Apfelstrudel, and enjoy the visit.
Have Oma by your side ... helping you
* * * * *
Want nutritional information for a recipe?
Copy and paste the ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count.
It will give you an approximate calculation.
Need help doing conversions
between cups and grams or any such thing?
Use this site to give you all the different conversions for the different types of ingredients.
Heidi's Raspberry Torte recipe is SO very easy ... and pretty ... and super delicious. Use a variety of berries to change it ... or just raspberries. Perfect for your summer BBQ!
Go to the recipe
This sourdough whole grain no knead bread recipe is so delicious and so healthy. Learn this basic method and then alter it to suit your needs. Healthy never tasted this good!
Go to the recipe
Words to the Wise
"When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild. But whoever obeys the law is joyful."
Proverbs 29:18 (NLT)