Mom Rose's Cucumber Salad
(Running Springs,Ca., USA)
Cucumber Salad from Mom Rose's Recipe
This is how you do it:
- 2 Cucumbers ( will make enough for approximately 2-4 people )
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 small green Pepper
- Paprika ( sweet) approximately 1 Tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar to taste
- whipping cream, enough to make the sauce nice and creamy
- Peel, then slice the cucumbers ( I use a mandolin ) as thin as possible
- Do the same with the onion and green pepper
- Salt these ingredients ( I use Kosher salt ) mix well, then let stand for approximately 3-4 hours covered with plastic wrap.
- After 3-4 hours take a handful of the cucumbers and squeeze the liquid out, then place into a larger bowl, repeat until all the cucumbers etc. are squeezed.
- Using the Apple cider vinegar, start with about 3-4 Tbsp, taste to your liking add more if desired.
- Add the Paprika, mix with vinegar and cucumbers.
- Add about 1/4 cup of whipping cream, again check the taste to your liking.
Neither Irma or her Mom ever measured, so the above are only a starting point.
* * * * *
Want nutritional information for a recipe? Copy and paste the ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count. It will give you an approximate calculation.
Words to the Wise
"When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild. But whoever obeys the law is joyful."
Proverbs 29:18 (NLT)