by Kevin Enser
Ever since I saw your recipe for making strudel with puff pastry; there has been no stopping me. Just made cheese strudel.
- 1 pkg Puff Pastry (2 sheets)
- 1 Container (16 Oz) Cottage Cheese
- 4 oz Cream Cheese (1/2 package)
- 1/3 Cup melted Butter
- 2 Egg Yokes
- 3 Tablespoon Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Lemon Zest-optional
- Lay out 2 sheets of thawed puff pastry and roll out to about 15"X12" on floured surface
- Soften cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl
- Melt butter in Microwave safe bowl in microwave
- Drain water from cottage cheese by pushing through colander or strainer
- Blend cottage cheese and cream cheese together along with other ingredients except the butter which will be brushed on each layer of puff pastry.
- Spread the mixture on each sheet of Puff Pastry staying in about 2 inches from sides and about 1/2 way across dough on narrow side of dough.. Fold over dough containing mixture and brush with melted butter, fold over 2 inches of ends of dough sheet & flip over again and brush with butter. Cut diagonal slits at an angle in top of strudel.
- Bake on a greased sheet pan at 375 degrees for 30 min. Check and if dough hasn't puffed and isn't browned on top, put in for another 5 min or more.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Best Recipe.
Leave a comment about this recipe or ask a question?
Pop right over to my private Facebook group, the Kaffeeklatschers. You'll find thousands of German foodies, all eager to help and to talk about all things German, especially these yummy foods.
I pop in all the time as well, to chat and to answer questions.
Meet with us around Oma's table, pull up a chair, grab a coffee and a piece of Apfelstrudel, and enjoy the visit.
Have Oma by your side ... helping you
* * * * *
Want nutritional information for a recipe?
Copy and paste the ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count.
It will give you an approximate calculation.
Need help doing conversions
between cups and grams or any such thing?
Use this site to give you all the different conversions for the different types of ingredients.
German potato dumplings, aka Kartoffelklöße and Kartoffelknödel, invoke great memories of my Mutti's Sunday dinners. Using cooked potatoes, she created these scrumptious traditional dumplings!
Go to the recipe
This goulash soup is one of my most traditional German soups. It's one I often make when I have company coming over and need something easy to prepare ahead.
Go to the recipe
Words to the Wise
"When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild. But whoever obeys the law is joyful."
Proverbs 29:18 (NLT)