by Kevin Enser
Ever since I saw your recipe for making strudel with puff pastry; there has been no stopping me. Just made cheese strudel.
- 1 pkg Puff Pastry (2 sheets)
- 1 Container (16 Oz) Cottage Cheese
- 4 oz Cream Cheese (1/2 package)
- 1/3 Cup melted Butter
- 2 Egg Yokes
- 3 Tablespoon Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Lemon Zest-optional
- Lay out 2 sheets of thawed puff pastry and roll out to about 15"X12" on floured surface
- Soften cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl
- Melt butter in Microwave safe bowl in microwave
- Drain water from cottage cheese by pushing through colander or strainer
- Blend cottage cheese and cream cheese together along with other ingredients except the butter which will be brushed on each layer of puff pastry.
- Spread the mixture on each sheet of Puff Pastry staying in about 2 inches from sides and about 1/2 way across dough on narrow side of dough.. Fold over dough containing mixture and brush with melted butter, fold over 2 inches of ends of dough sheet & flip over again and brush with butter. Cut diagonal slits at an angle in top of strudel.
- Bake on a greased sheet pan at 375 degrees for 30 min. Check and if dough hasn't puffed and isn't browned on top, put in for another 5 min or more.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Best Recipe.
* * * * *
Want nutritional information for a recipe?
Copy and paste the ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count.
It will give you an approximate calculation.
* * * * *
Need help doing conversions between cups and grams or any such thing?
Use this site to give you all the different conversions for the different types of ingredients.
* * * * *
Words to the Wise
"When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild. But whoever obeys the law is joyful."
Proverbs 29:18 (NLT)