15 Flavored Butter Recipes
These flavored butter recipes, aka Pikante Butter, are great sandwich spreads, go great with veggies and meats, and are bursts of flavor for almost anything!
It's best to use these butters within 5 days, so make enough, but not too much at one time. Each of the following recipes is for ½ cup (¼ pound) of softened butter.
Each makes about ½ cup
To ½ cup softened unsalted butter, add the following ingredients, either finely chopped, grated, or puréed, and mix well.
- Cheese Butter: ½ cup grated cheese
- Anchovy Butter: 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- Horseradish Butter: 1 tablespoon horseradish, pinch salt
- Nut Butter: 1 tablespoon ground nuts, season with lemon juice, salt, pepper
- Ham Butter: 3 ounce finely chopped cooked ham
- Mustard Butter: 1 tablespoon mustard, 1 hard-boiled egg yolk
- Tomato Butter: 2 tablespoons tomato paste, small onion, pepper
- Paprika Butter: 1 tablespoon sweet paprika powder
- Curry Butter: 1 tablespoon curry powder, salt
- Lemon Butter: juice of half lemon, grated lemon zest
- Shrimp Butter: ¼ pound cooked puréed shrimps, salt, pepper
- Garlic Butter: 1 small clove garlic, salt, 1 tablespoon chopped chives, pepper
- Parsley Butter: Use about 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, salt, pepper
- Herb Butter: Use about 1 teaspoon dried herbs. Use any or combination of parsley, chives, marjoram, basil, thyme.
- Eierbutter (Egg Butter): 2 hard-boiled eggs. Separate yolks from whites. Cream butter and yolks together. Finely chop egg whites and add to butter mixture. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com