15 Flavored Butter Recipes
These flavored butter recipes, aka Pikante Butter, are great sandwich spreads, go great with veggies and meats, and are bursts of flavor for almost anything!
It's best to use these butters within 5 days, so make enough, but not too much at one time. Each of the following recipes is for ½ cup (¼ lb) of softened butter.
Each makes about ½ cup
To ½ cup softened unsalted butter, add the following ingredients, either finely chopped, grated, or puréed, and mix well.
- Cheese Butter: ½ cup grated cheese
- Anchovy Butter: 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- Horseradish Butter: 1 tbsp horseradish, pinch salt
- Nut Butter: 1 tbsp ground nuts, season with lemon juice, salt, pepper
- Ham Butter: 3 oz finely chopped cooked ham
- Mustard Butter: 1 tbsp mustard, 1 hard-boiled egg yolk
- Tomato Butter: 2 tbsp tomato paste, small onion, pepper
- Paprika Butter: 1 tbsp sweet paprika powder
- Curry Butter: 1 tbsp curry powder, salt
- Lemon Butter: juice of half lemon, grated lemon zest
- Shrimp Butter: ¼ lb cooked puréed shrimps, salt, pepper
- Garlic Butter: 1 small clove garlic, salt, 1 tbsp chopped chives, pepper
- Parsley Butter: Use about 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley, 1 tbsp lemon juice, salt, pepper
- Herb Butter: Use about 1 tsp dried herbs. Use any or combination of parsley, chives, marjoram, basil, thyme.
- Eierbutter (Egg Butter): 2 hard-boiled eggs. Separate yolks from whites. Cream butter and yolks together. Finely chop egg whites and add to butter mixture. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com