Oma's Obsttorte ~ German Fruit Flan Recipe
This fruit flan, aka Obsttorte, is so quick and easy ... takes just one
hour from start to table ... and is so versatile ... and so pretty ...
and so good! WUNDERBAR! Mix it up, bake it, cool it, and fill it.
Not only that, but you can change this up in uncountable ways.
Makes 4 servings
- 6 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp granulated sugar (or 5 tbsp granulated sugar and 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- filling (your choice ... see above and below for ideas)
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- Grease an 11" flan pan.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix with a hand mixer till light and fluffy, about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Gently pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on rack for about 5 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack and let cool before filling.
Filling for Fruit Tart as shown above:
- Prepare 1
package of instant vanilla pudding (using only 1¾ cup milk instead of
the required 2 cups) Let pudding thicken and then spread onto cold cake
- Cover with fruit ... in this case, strawberry slices and fresh blueberries.
- See above for other combinations.
Other traditional fillings
- Make as above and finish by covering with a glaze.
- Or, brush tart with jam, cover with prepared fruit or berries, and spoon glaze over top.
- Use Dr. Oetker glaze or make your own using the instructions above.
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com