Oma's Baked Sausage
Baked sausage? When I first thought about it, I really
wondered if it would work. Why not? I love baked bacon. It's an easy way
to make lots of bacon.
So, I tried doing sausages the same way. The result? Fantastic! A no-mess easy way to make a lot or a few.
25 - 45 minutes
30 - 50 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 4 raw sausages (about 1 lb.)
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with either
aluminum foil or parchment paper. Alternately, you could put a rack on
the baking sheet as well.
- Place sausages on baking sheet (or rack) so that they don't touch each other.
- Brush with olive oil (to aid in browning)
for about 20 - 25 minutes or until meat thermometer reads an internal
temperature of 160°F. If the sausages are really thick, this may take
up to 45 minutes. Turn sausages at least once during baking.
- Serve with mustard and buns, sauerkraut or Easy Potato Salad.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com