Oma's Smoked Pork Chops Recipe ~ Kasseler
This smoked pork chops recipe is one of those traditional German
food recipes that is so easy and quick to make. The only difficulty you
may have is finding the meat.
Most delis will have this - called Kasseler - it's a type of smoked pork loin chops. Can't find that? Check the hints for alternatives.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 smoked pork chops (Kasseler)
- oil and/or butter to fry
- Heat oil and/or butter, about 2 tbsp in a fry pan.
- Over medium heat, lightly brown Kasseler chops on both sides.
- Serve and enjoy. Great with German mustard, potatoes, and vegetables.
- A thick piece of boneless cooked ham would work, although not quite the same flavor. You may want to try different brands to find one that tastes "just right".
- A similar flavor can be had by using a thick piece of Canadian pea-meal bacon. Again, these are just substitutes for the real thing.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com