How to Cook Sausage - Oma's Grilled Bratwurst
This method for how to cook sausage is such an easy way and works for many German sausage recipes. However, if you've lots of sausages to make, try this oven method.
The German word, Bratwurst, literally means 'fry sausage' and is probably one of the easiest ways to make this.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 raw bratwurst sausages (about 1 pound)
- olive oil
- Put sausages into pot of water. Bring to boil.
- Simmer very gently for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain sausages and brush with oil.
- Grill briefly until browned and crispy on the exterior.
- Serve with mustard and buns, sauerkraut or an easy potato salad.
- These sausages can also be finished off on the stove.
- After simmering and draining the sausages, fry them gently in a bit of oil in a medium hot frying pan. Turn frequently until nicely browned on all sides.
- If you prefer, you can bake sausages in the oven, especially good when you've got a whole bunch to make.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com