Lori's German Pancake Recipe ~ gefüllte Flinsen ~ Crepes
This German pancake recipe was sent in by Lori Neff, one of our Facebook fans! Her name for them is Flinsen. These are actually gefüllte Flinsen, meaning filled crepes. And the filling Lori makes, YUMMY!!! She also suggests to use your own crepe batter if you wish and then use her filling.
Makes 5 Flinsen
- 5 heaped tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can fruit, drained (see hints below)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- Mix batter ingredients together until smooth.
- Let stand 20 - 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling by beating cream cheese with powdered sugar, cream, and grated lemon peel. Mix in fruit.
- Heat butter or ½ butter and ½ coconut oil, for frying until melted. Pour in a ladle full of batter. Let brown on both sides until all used up.
- Spoon filling down the middle of each crepe, roll up, and serve with whipped cream.
- Use mandarine oranges and pineapple chunks
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com