Helgrid's Eggs with Mustard Sauce
Eggs with mustard sauce recipe, aka Eier in Senfsosse! WUNDERBAR! It's one of those easy and quick lunch recipes that's very common in Germany, especially in Bavaria.
Makes 4 servings
- 8 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1½ cup vegetable broth (use bouillon cube)
- 1½ cup milk or cream
- salt, pepper
- 3 tbsp mustard
- approx. 1 tsp lemon juice
- chopped parsley to garnish
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and add flour, stirring constantly. Slowly add broth and milk and stir until thickened. If the sauce is too thick, add a bit more milk.
- Add mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Add lemon juice to taste.
- Serve the sauce over halved eggs and sprinkled with parsley.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com