Air Fryer Sweet Potato Recipe – Luftfritteuse Süßkartoffeln
Lydia's air fryer sweet potato recipe is a great side dish for any meat. This is such an easy recipe for new air fryer owners! You'll love these potatoes. They can be roasted dark and crispy or, soft and sweet.
While sweet potatoes are not traditionally German, the healthy and delicious veggie has certainly gained its popularity lately, and for good reason. Talk about delicious! Oh, you really should try my Oma's Sweet Potato Soup!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F on roast.
- Slice sweet potatoes into halves.
- Brush olive oil over both skin and flesh sides of the halves.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the flesh side.
- Place flesh side down on tray (or 2 trays, depending on the size of your sweet potatoes) and cook for 40 minutes on middle rack of fryer.
- Brushing olive oil (or your choice of oil) on the flesh AND skin gives the sweet potato skin a nice crisp finish.
- Leave on tray for a few minutes longer to get darker edges. Sometimes the darker, the tastier.
- I use the bottom tray (baking tray) for these. I find it makes for easier clean-up. If you use the tray with holes, the oil will make a mess at the bottom of the fryer.
- The amount of salt and pepper is up to you. It's all a matter of taste!
- On one tray, you can fit 2 large sweet potatoes after they're cut in half. So if you want to make 3 or 4, perhaps buy smaller potatoes or use more than one tray.
- I like to sprinkle brown sugar on mine as well for an extra sweet flavor. But you can also use butter, maple syrup, or whichever your favorite toppings may be!
- I used the Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven to make this delicious sweet potato recipe. If you have something different, no problem. Simply adjust settings and cook time accordingly.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com