Gerhild Naggert's Easy Crumb Cake
This easy crumb cake has fruit tucked under the crumb topping. This einfacher Streuselkuchen was sent in by another Gerhild!
It's similar, but totally different than my Streuselkuchen, especially in the method. So wonderful having a variety of different German foods to present for your Kaffeeklatsch!
- 2 cups flour, all-purpose
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- grated lemon zest (optional)
- fruit such as fresh or frozen blueberries or tart cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Add one egg. Cut in cold butter in small pieces on top. Add vanilla and lemon zest.
- Mix with cake blender to cut the butter in. Then use your hands to make crumbs.
- Put ⅔ of the crumbs into a greased 8x12-inch pan.
- Put fruit on top. Put leftover crumbs on top. Sprinkle with sugar and little pieces of butter.
- Bake for about 55 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or cold with whipped cream.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com