Oma's German Confetti Salad ~ Konfettisalat
This Confetti Salad, aka Konfettisalat, comes out of one of my very old, falling-apart, out-of-print German cookbooks.
In fact, where I first found the recipe, I wondered at its name "Konfettisalat", thinking it must be a typo. It sounded too English. But no, it's German, all right.
Makes 4 servings
- 1½ pounds potatoes, cook in their skins
- ½ pound cooked ham
- 2 bell peppers (use two different colors, if possible)
- 1 small onion, diced
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Peel cooked potatoes and cube into ½" pieces.
- Cut peppers into ½-inch strips and then cut into ½-inch pieces.
- Cube ham into ½-inch pieces.
- Mix mayonnaise and cream.
- Mix all ingredients together, gently, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in fridge to chill and meld flavors, for about two hours.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Add sliced radishes.
- Add diced pickles and a bit of pickle juice.
- Use diced red onions.
- Add thawed frozen peas.
- Add some Dijon mustard (or German mustard) to the dressing
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com