2. Another Coconut Cake Recipe
Here's another Coconut Cake recipe, aka Kokosnusskuchen, to make to serve for your Kaffeeklatsch.
- 1 cup minus 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla sugar, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2½ cups grated coconut
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cream butter, 1 cup sugar, and 1½ teaspoons vanilla sugar in mixing bowl. Add eggs one, mixing well after each one.
- Add lemon zest.
- Mix together flour, cornstarch, and baking powder. Add to mixing bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Spread dough onto greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle coconut over top. Sprinkle 1½ tsp vanilla sugar over top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden-brown.
- Let cool slightly before cutting into 1½ x3 inch bars.
- Makes about 25 pieces.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com