Fruit Tart Recipe with Streusel
This German streusel fruit tart, Obstkuchen mit Streusel, uses either fresh or canned fruit, such as apricots, peaches, cherries.
A delicious treat, just like Oma bakes.
Makes 8 servings
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons soft butter
- ⅜ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups flour, all-purpose
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds (optional)
- 1 pound fruit or 1½ to 2 cans well-drained fruit (peaches, apricots, cherries, plums, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 9-inch tart pan (preferable with removable bottom) and dust with flour.
- Put butter, sugar, vanilla, and flour into mixing bowl. Using dough hook (if available) mix until crumbly.
- Put half of crumb mixture into tart pan and press down.
- Sprinkle with ground almonds, if using.
- Prepare fruit (see tips below) and place on top of crumb crust
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs evenly over fruit.
- Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes, until nicely browned. Cool on cake rack.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Use either fresh or well-drained canned fruits.
using fresh apricots: To make peeling apricots easier, cut an "X" in
apricots. Dip them in boiling water for several seconds and then into
cold water. Peel and cut in half, removing pits.
- For a different flavor, you can add some chopped candied ginger to the crumb mixture. Delicious!
- If you have peaches and cherries, then you'll want to make this streusel cake!
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com
10.19.2021 revision update