Air Fryer Asparagus Recipe - Spargel für Luftfritteuse
Lydia's air fryer asparagus recipe will have you craving Spring's bounty of this wonderful veggie. Germany has a love affair with white asparagus, but green asparagus is yummy as well.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F on roast.
- Wash asparagus. Cut or snap the bottom ends off. Usually about 1 to 2 inches should snap off.
- Lay in a single layer on air fryer baking tray and brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and paprika, then with parmesan cheese and bacon.
- Roast on middle rack of fryer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve right away and enjoy this lecker veggie!
- Use whatever spices and seasonings you'd like for your asparagus. It's all up to preference!
- Serve alongside the famous air fryer schnitzel for an all-around easy German meal.
- Traditionally the asparagus would use plain salt, but I like the extra flavor of adding garlic salt.
- I know parmesan cheese isn't German, but it really fits well here. Omit if you'd like.
- If you have a different air fryer, follow the manufacturer's recommendations for adjusting temperatures and times.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com