Quick and Easy German Turnip Soup – Mutti's Steckrübensuppe
Turnip soup? Steckrübensuppe? Yes, really! An unusual soup that tastes unusually good! Try this when you need something that's nourishing and quick.
Easy to make with just frozen turnips, frozen cooked meatballs, and frozen hash brown potatoes. That's it. Easy deliciousness!
Makes 4 servings
- 2-pound bag frozen cubed turnips
- 1-pound bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 pound (approx.) frozen cooked meatballs
- 1 tablespoon Vegeta (or 1 teaspoon salt)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Into a large pot, put turnips, potatoes, meatballs, and Vegeta (or salt).
- Add enough hot water to almost cover.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes. Longer cooking will improve the flavor.
- Season with additional salt and freshly ground pepper.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com