German Tomato Salad Recipe ~ Oma's Tomatensalat
Oma's Tomatensalat is an easy German tomato salad that's such a great way to use the bounty of your fresh garden tomatoes. It's summer in a bowl. So lecker!
It really is one of those best salad recipes because it's so easy to make. Nothing really says summer like tomatoes. So juicy, healthy, and so delicious.
Makes 4 servings
- 1½ pounds tomatoes
- 1 - 2 bunches green onions
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 - 5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper, sugar
- Wash tomatoes and cut into wedges or chunks.
- Cut green onions diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
- Mix chopped onions, basil, parsley, balsamic vinegar, orange juice, and oil.
- Season dressing with salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Put tomatoes and green onions into bowl and pour dressing over.
- Substitute halved cherry tomatoes for regular ones
- Use dill and/or chives
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com