Sylvie's Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
Sylvie's sweet potato salad recipe, aka Süßkartoffelsalat, is an unusual addition to my German potato salad recipes. Having your potatoes and eggs pre-cooked the day before makes this a quick salad to put together.
Sweet potatoes are not usually thought of as a German vegetable, but they're readily available and used in various ways.
Makes 6 - 8 servings
- 3 regular potatoes, cooked, peeled, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, cooked, peeled, chopped
- 3 - 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 - 2 stalks celery
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper, fresh ground
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Put the chopped potatoes, eggs, onions, and celery into a large bowl.
- Mix the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper together and add to the potato mixture.
- Mix together gently. Refrigerate until needed.
- Use regular onions if you do not have red ones.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com