Mutti's Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe
This slow cooker pot roast recipe, aka Rinderschmorbraten im Langsamkocher, is so quick to put together in the morning. Use a beef rump roast or a chuck roast, well-trimmed of fat. A 3 to 3½ pound roast, together with the vegetables, will make about 6 - 8 servings.
Slow Cook Time
8 - 9 hours
8.3 - 9.3 hours
Makes 6 - 8 servings
- 3 to 3½ lb roast, see above
- 1 tsp salt or seasoning salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 3 - 4 carrots, peeled, cut into chunks
- 4 - 6 potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 celery stalk, cut into chunks
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- Rub all sides of meat with salt and pepper.
- Put all vegetables into bottom of slow cooker. Pour broth over vegetables.
- Put seasoned meat on top of vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 - 9 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables. Pour liquid from slow cooker into saucepan and bring to simmer.
- Dissolve cornstarch in ¼ cup water and slowly stir just enough into liquid until thickened.
- Season gravy with salt and pepper as needed. Serve with meat and vegetables.
- Vary the quantities of vegetables according to your taste.
- Use 1 bouillon cube dissolved in 1 cup water for the beef broth if needed.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com