Oma's Easy Baked Salmon Fillets
There are many baked salmon fillet recipes, aka gebackener Lachs, and so many ways to cook salmon, but this one is special. So easy and so delicious, you'll make it often.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 salmon fillets, 4-oz each
- 2 - 3 tbsp mustard (I prefer using Dijon mustard!)
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt, freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease baking pan.
- Place salmon in baking pan with skin side down.
- Brush mustard on salmon, season with salt and pepper.
- Mix bread crumbs and olive oil in a small bowl. Gently spread mixture on top of each fillet.
- Bake, uncovered, until fish flakes easily, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Line baking pan with foil and grease foil. This makes clean-up a breeze.
- Add 1 tsp of Parmesan cheese to bread crumbs.
- Use Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs.
- Use melted butter instead of olive oil.
- Use either fresh or frozen fillets. When using frozen (no need to thaw), just add a few extra minutes to the baking time.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com