Heidi's Recipe for Bean Salad
Need a quick recipe for mixed bean salad? Here's an easy one of the best salad recipes that's sure to please.
one of my non-German quickie favorites and is great when you need
picnic salads and picnic food ideas. Not only that, but it's also great
for your vegan friends.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup green beans, briefly cooked
- ½ cup cooked Lima beans (or canned)
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas (or canned)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed green peas
- ½ red onion, minced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon each dried basil and oregano
- 1 - 3 teaspoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- In a serving bowl, mix the beans, peas, and onions together.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over bean mixture. Toss together.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- It's easiest to use a can of 6-bean mixture
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com