Heidi's Raspberry Torte Recipe
Heidi's Raspberry Torte, aka Himbeertorte, recipe is SO very easy ... and pretty ... and super delicious. Use a variety of berries to change it ... or just raspberries.
Makes 10 - 12 servings.
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 7 ounces ground nuts
- 1⅔ cups whipping cream
- 2 packages whipping cream stabilizer (such as Whip It)
- About 1½ pounds berries
- 1 cup juice
- 1 package red glaze mix
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare a 10-inch springform pan by greasing and using parchment paper if desired.
- Mix the sugar and eggs until they are frothy. Fold in the ground nuts. Spoon into the prepared springform pan.
- Bake, about 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
- Let the cake cool thoroughly.
- Remove the cake from the pan. Place the cake on your cake plate. Return the outside edge of the springform pan to the cake.
- Beat the whipping cream and the stabilizer until stiff. Spread on top of the cake.
- Spoon the berries over the top of the whipped cream.
- Prepare the glaze with the juice and pour over the berries.
- Place in the fridge to chill.
- To serve, use a knife to loosen the cake from the springform side and carefully lift the springform side off.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com