Pork Ribs Recipe ... "Play with your Food" recipe!
Although Mutti used to cook this on the stove, I like using my way how to cook ribs much better. I use a slow cooker as I find it so easy to get it ready in the morning, set it, and leave it.
Slow Cook Time
8 hrs + 10 min
Makes 4 servings
- 1 rack of pork ribs cut into 2-rib sections
- 3 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- mashed potatoes (enough for 4 servings)
- Place ribs into slow cooker.
- Add water until ribs are almost covered.
- Add bay leaves and about 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove bay leaves and re-season with salt and pepper.
- Serve within a bed of mashed potatoes on each plate.
- Serve the ribs in a 'lake' of broth contained within the mashed potato 'dikes/walls'.
- Eat the meat off the bones, the broth, and the mashed potatoes being careful not to let the broth 'break' through the potato dikes.
- The winner is the one who can eat the most without letting the broth leak out!
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com