1. Potatoes, Pork Chops and Sauerkraut Recipe (slow cooker meal)
Put potatoes, pork chops, and sauerkraut together into a slow cooker, and what do you get? A super easy and super tasty dinner. That's what!
This one is ultra easy to put together in the morning and have ready when you come home for dinner.
Slow Cook Time
8 - 10 hours
8.5 - 10.5 hours
Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons oil or clarified butter
- 4 thick boneless pork chops (about 1½ pounds total)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered, preferably Yukon Gold
- 2 large apples, peeled and quartered
- salt and pepper
- 28-ounce can sauerkraut, drained
- 1 cup apple juice, broth, or water
- 1 - 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- If you have a multi-cooker (as shown above) set to saute and heat oil. Brown the chops in the hot oil, about 2 minutes each side. Remove and add onions. Saute the onions until translucent and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. If your cooker doesn't have this function, do this in a skillet. Once the onions are done, add them, along with any oil, to the slow cooker.
- Add the potatoes and apples to the onions. Stir. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top. Add half the sauerkraut. Lay the pork chops on top. Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper. Cover with the remaining sauerkraut and pour the liquid over the top.
- Cover and set on low for 8 to 10 hours
- Remove potatoes, apples, chops, and sauerkraut to a serving dish. Keep warm.
- Set the multicooker to saute or pour the cooking liquid into saucepan, bring to boil, and thicken with 1 to 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in some cold water. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Pour the sauce over the potatoes, apples chops, and sauerkraut and serve.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com