Oma's No Bean Chili: My fav low-carb dinner!
Make this NO bean chili and listen to the compliments come pouring in. Not only that, but it's so easy to change up this recipe from a soup to a sauce.
Without the beans, this is a nice low-carb dinner. OR add a couple of cans of kidney beans (red or white) or your favorite types.
Makes 8 servings
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 package (1½ ounces) hot and spicy chili seasoning mix
- 28-ounce can crushed or ground tomatoes
- 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- salt and pepper as needed
- Brown ground beef in olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir well and bring to simmer. If needed, add a bit of water (about 1 cup) if the chilli is too thick. Cover and let simmer about 1 to 1½ hours or until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Season with extra salt and pepper if needed. Want it spicier? Add about ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com