German Lettuce Salad with Grapes: Oma's Kopfsalat mit Weintrauben
Lettuce salad with grapes, aka Kopfsalat mit Weintrauben, is a delicious change from the traditional tossed salad recipes.
Adding cheese boosts the protein and makes tossed salad recipes even better! Grapes are widely grown in southern Germany, especially for wine.
- 1 small bunch chives, chopped
- ¼ pound each of blue and green grapes, sliced (preferably seedless)
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- 1 head lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 red apple, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- ¼ pound cheese, thinly sliced and broken into bits (preferably Emmental)
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper, sugar
- In serving bowl, mix vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, and sugar to make salad dressing.
- Add all the other ingredients and toss gently.
- Serve immediately.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com