Oma's Leek Soup Recipe
This leek soup recipe, Lauchsuppe, with cream cheese is made in under 30 minutes. Creamy rich with mushrooms added for that extra touch, this is a fantastic starter course for a dinner party. Elegant. Easy. Quick.
Makes 4 servings
- 1½ pounds leeks
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3½ cups beef broth
- 1 can mushrooms (undrained)
- 3-ounce package cream cheese, cubed
- salt, pepper
- Cut away the dark green leaves an inch or so above the white part of the leeks. Cut leeks into ¼ - ½-inch slices (rings). Put these into a large bowl of water. Separate leek slices with fingers and swish around to remove dirt and sand. Scoop out leeks and drain in a sieve.
- In a large saucepan, brown ground beef in olive oil.
- Add leeks, frying for several minutes. Add beef broth and mushrooms.
- Simmer, covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add cream cheese, stirring to melt.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and serve.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com