Layered Taco Dip Recipe
This layered taco dip recipe is an easy addition to a party buffet of international foods. I've had all different types of foods together when putting together such a feast.
In fact, this dip is a favorite in our family, which is great because it's so easy!
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounces), softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- about 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar)
- about 4 cups lettuce (shredded)
- 2 - 3 tomatoes, diced
- tortilla chips
- In small bowl, thoroughly mix cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning.
- Cover and put in fridge - preferably overnight.
- Spread in serving dish (such as a 9x12-inch pan).
- Sprinkle with tomatoes, lettuce, and cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Extra layers can be added, such as diced peppers, diced onion, or bacon.
- Want more meat. Brown 1 pound ground beef and season with taco seasoning. Cook about 5 minutes until done. Sprinkle this on top of the cream layer.
- Use Monterrey Jack cheese for a more traditional taste.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com