How to make Spinach Dip
Learn how to make Spinach Dip, aka Spinatcreme-Dip, and create this favorite party treat for your next gathering.
Adding crisply fried bacon bits, diced orange or yellow peppers and chopped green onions changes the flavor, oh, so nicely!
10 minutes + waiting time
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, crisply fried and chopped
- 1 package vegetable soup mix
- 1 10-ounce package frozen spinach, thawed, drained, and chopped
- 1 round pumpernickel bread, (not the German type)
- Mix all ingredients (not the bread!) together and let stand in fridge for about 2 hours for flavor to develop.
- Serve the dip in hollowed-out bread with bread cubes for dipping.
- You can also serve in bowl with bread cubes, vegetables, or crackers for dipping, as shown above.
- Instead of the Knorr vegetable soup mix, you can use an envelope of your favorite salad dressing, such as ranch. Another option is to use a package of onion soup mix.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com