Oma's Easy Homemade Vegetable Soup
This homemade vegetable soup is so quickly made using frozen vegetables and any leftovers you might have. It's a nourishing way to clean out your freezer and fridge.
Makes 10 - 12 servings
- 5 lb frozen California style veggies (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower mix)
- about 12 cups water
- 6 bouillon cubes (enough to make 6 cups broth)
- Instant mashed potato flakes (enough for 3 cups milk)
- salt and pepper
- Montreal Steak Spice (optional)
- Maggi and Vegeta to season (optional)
- Into a large soup pot, place the frozen veggies. Add about 11 cups of hot or boiling water.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in one cup boiling water and add to pot.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover and simmer for about 6 - 10 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Using a potato masher, crush some of the veggies to make a creamier soup.
- Stir in sufficient instant mashed potato flakes to make the soup as creamy and thick as you wish. (I used one package that normally is mixed with 3 cups liquid)
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Want some German flavor? Season with Maggi and Vegeta.
- If you like a bit of spice, add Montreal Steak Spice or other spices as desired.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com