Oma's German Fruit Torte Recipe
Yes, my fruit torte recipe, aka Obsttorte, is so delicious. With fresh berries, it's one of those great fruit dessert recipes to enjoy in the summer.
I've used various mixes of berries, such as raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, and/or blueberries.
Makes 10 servings
- 2 large eggs, separated
- pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1½ cups ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pound fresh strawberries (or mixed berries)
- ¼ teaspoon gelatin (or 1 leaf)
- 3 ounces unsweetened apple juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat egg whites with pinch of salt until stiff.
- Stir in honey.
- Fold in stirred egg yolks.
- Mix ground almonds and cornstarch together. Add to egg white mixture and mix gently.
- Put batter into greased 8-inch springform pan. Bake 20 minutes or till done.
- Let cake cool. Remove from pan. Place on cake plate. Replace outer ring of springform pan around cake.
- Place berries on cake (if large, cut in half).
- Prepare gelatin according to package. Dissolve in heated apple juice.
- Spoon gelatin over berries. Let set. Remove springform ring.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com