German Vegetable Frittata Recipe – Oma's Gemusefrittata
A frittata recipe that’s this easy just had to find it’s way onto my website. With its German twist, this Gemusefrittata is a perfect light supper -- very similar to a quiche.
Makes 4 - 5 servings
- 3 small zucchini, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 3 small red peppers, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 pound additional veggies (squash, broccoli, leeks, etc.) cut into bite-sized chunks
- 5 - 6 cooked potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup cream
- salt, pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons basil, chopped
- ¼ pound grated German cheese (Emmental, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large oven-safe pan, fry the zucchini, peppers, potatoes, and "additional" veggies in the oil for about 5 minutes. Season with salt.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over veggies.
- Place in oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, until eggs are set.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com