Oma's Easy Corn Chowder
This easy corn chowder is one of the ultimate comfort foods. Why? So soothing. So creamy. So delicious. So EASY! Try this when you're in a hurry and need delicious.
Not German, but with all that creaminess, it sure could be :)
Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced (optional)
- ¼ cup flour, all-purpose
- 1½ cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups milk (whole) or 10% cream
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels (or canned)
- salt, pepper
- chives to garnish
- Heat butter in saucepan. Add onions and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add red peppers, if using, and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for several minutes.
- Whisk in broth and milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring, until thickened.
- Add corn. Heat for a few minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve, garnished with chopped chives.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com