Oma's Slow Cooker Easy Chili Recipe
Here's my slow cooker chili -- just put everything in the slow cooker in the morning and come home to dinner! That's quick prep!
You can make changes to the main recipe to suit your fancy. Serve it as a soup or thicken to serve it over hot cooked rice. Omit the beans. Add mushrooms (my favorite). Add extra veggies. You choose!
5 - 7 hours
5 - 7 hours
Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup whole tomatoes (canned)
- 1 cup ground tomatoes (canned)
- 2 cups kidney beans (canned), drained
- 1 cup mushroom pieces (canned), drained (optional)
- 1 cup chopped green/red peppers (optional)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1½ tablespoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Place everything in the slow cooker and stir to mix, breaking up ground beef.
- Cover and cook on Low for about 5 to 7 hours.
- Season with extra salt and/or pepper and/or chili powder.
- If sauce seems too thin, uncover the slow cooker for the last hour and turn to high.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com