2. Delicious Vegan Brownies
Looking for a vegan brownie recipe? Here's one that even non-vegans like it!
The German twist? Almond flavoring! And that turns them into Vegane Schokoladenschnitten.
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate (melted)
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray or oil a 9" x 9" pan.
everything together in a bowl EXCEPT for the melted chocolate and nuts.
Once everything is well mixed, add the chocolate and nuts and mix in
- Pour batter into pan and smooth top.
- Bake about 25 - 30 minutes or until center is firm and not sticky.
- Cool completely before cutting.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com