2. Delicious Vegan Brownies
Looking for a vegan brownie recipe? Here's one that even non-vegans like it!
The German twist? Almond flavoring! And that turns them into Vegane Schokoladenschnitten.
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate (melted)
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray or oil a 9x9-inch pan.
everything together in a bowl EXCEPT for the melted chocolate and nuts.
Once everything is well mixed, add the chocolate and nuts and mix in
- Pour batter into pan and smooth top.
- Bake about 25 to 30 minutes or until center is firm and not sticky.
- Cool completely before cutting.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com