Oma's Easy Baked Spaghetti Recipe
This easy baked spaghetti recipe, aka Überbackene Spaghetti, is one of those quick pasta casseroles that's great when you're looking for easy dinner ideas.
Instead of the usual Mozzarella, use a nice German Emmental cheese.
Makes 4 - 6 servings
- 10 oz spaghetti
- 3 bell peppers (use 3 colours if possible)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt, pepper to taste
- 8 oz Emmentaler or Gouda, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Dice peppers and sauté in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic to peppers. Add spaghetti. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour spaghetti mixture into greased 10"x15" casserole dish. Cover with cheese slices and sprinkle with thyme.
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com