Oma's Easy Roasted Asparagus Recipe
This easy asparagus recipe, aka Spargel, is a great company dish that will find its way to your everyday menu as well. Quick to prepare, its delicious flavor is a great addition to any meal.
You can make this with just asparagus or try any combination of vegetables.
Makes 4 - 6 servings
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- ¼ to ½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ to ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup ground Parmesan cheese
- pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pour about ¼ cup olive oil onto a cookie sheet with a rim.
- Wash asparagus thoroughly and lay on towel to dry. Snap off bottom end, (peel stem if desired), and lay onto cookie sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over all, gently turning asparagus so that they are all coated with oil.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and then Parmesan cheese.
- Season with freshly ground pepper.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, until done to your liking.
- This tastes really good with some carrot spears roasted alongside the asparagus
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com